Reflection on “The Power of One” Project

In the last unit, we’ve been looking at how good leaders and bad leaders use their power and discussed about if one person can really make a difference. We did some research on several real-life examples of how people use their power to change the world. The one I researched on was Ryan. After I learned about his exceptional story, I started to admire his courage and spirit.

The last thing we did was to present a project based on the theme “The Power of One: Making a Difference”. I found this assignment quite interesting, because we didn’t do it the way we used to do. We tried to use other formats of presentation rather than just making power points. I had fun playing with Explee, and the video it made was absolutely awesome. It is a brand new style of presenting a project. After I got the video, I needed to record my sound and put it into the video. I found this process a little bit hard but also very interesting. I always messed up when I was doing the record, because I needed to speak very quickly without making any mistakes. Finally, I found a way to make this easier, which was using an audio software to wipe out my mistakes and all the thinking noise rather than speaking hundreds of times to make the record perfect.

Overall, I had a lot of fun and also I think I’ve done a good job.

2 Responses

1. Merion at |

Great reflection, King, and I like how you tried to find a solution to your problem. The final product was great – and recording your voice is obviously a good way for non-native English speakers to have confidence in speaking.

Yes, you did do a good job 😉 Mrs T

Reply
  2. joshleman at |

My voice sounded so old…..and Erik’s voice sounded like a woman….

Reply